home About contact shop

7.01.2008

mr. perkins

this is mr. perkins. he looks all nice and quiet, but really he is a very challenging giraffe to try to become friends with. i saw this pattern at our local quilt shop and thought he would be a cute addition to the nursery. he looked easy enough to recreate. so i read the pattern through a couple times and got started. it's still a mystery to me how i do this, but i seemed to have failed to read some important parts of the pattern and ended up cutting, sewing, and stuffing this little beast twice. all my fault. while he was probably just laughing inside. needless to say, i won my own battle and now have a little giraffe for a shelf that doesn't yet exist in the nursery. macy is now constantly asking when we are going to make her an elephant. i don't know where she got the idea, but these patterns are addicting even with my lack of reading instructions effectively. so we might have to get another... maybe an elephant, or a flamingo, or just another giraffe. in the meantime, i am in love with the pattern designers' blog and etsy shop and all the cute things they come up with.

6 comments:

Aubri said...

My daughter would love stuff like that. Is it a pattern you could buy anywhere?

Matt and Joanna said...

This is THE cutest thing I've ever seen... seriously! I can't wait for your baby to be here!

mylittlegems said...

Sara- super cute! Can I have one? I love everything about it. I am excited for the boy to come too!

Mandy said...

Oh my gosh...TOO cute!!

adventure knitter said...

Okay, that's totally cute! I'm super impressed! I went to the website and I'm totally in love with the monkey!!! Ahh...so many cute things in life to make...so little money...oh, and time.

Ben and Summer said...

OK, I'm way behind, but I saw this and had to tell hwo much I love it! DARLING!