home About contact shop

3.27.2008

easter dress no. 3

i don't know what it is about spring that always makes me itch to sew. easter is the only holiday that i have succeeded in always making macy a new dress for. this year i wanted to go a little less traditional in color and style. i love all the fluffy dresses for spring that are out right now, but that's all there is. so i chose one of my favorite amy butler prints and made a little sassy a-line dress. and macy had no problem flaunting her cute little legs in it. i actually used a simplicity pattern but really only for the bodice and sleeves. then i made up the rest. it seems like macy is getting harder and harder to photograph the older she gets!

7 comments:

Aubri said...

That's so freaking adorable! I wanted to sew matching one's for my daughter and I but had no time.

Heather Bay said...

I love the fabric and the cut! Adorable!!!

Hey, I just Inherited a 1980's sewing machine. I swear that this is the summer where I will finally learn how to sew! Can you recommend some websites or blogs?

Matt and Joanna said...

I love, love, love this dress! And, of course Macy looks like a doll! Things like this make me want a girl one day!

stacia said...

you already know... I LOVE this dress! why oh why did you get all the fancy crafty genes???

adventure knitter said...

I love it! She's so darling! I've failed as a mother seeing as my daughter is almost 4 and I've never bought (or sewed for that matter) an easter dress...oh well... If only I had your talent.

Ben and Summer said...

Sara! I didn't know you had another blog! Ha! Now I'm going to stalk this one too... I LOVE the Easter dress. I agree, I wish I had your talent! And I think I'm going to try to sell some bracelets on Etsy... We'll see:)

The P*dunc's said...

I'm guessing you got the inspiration from The Shabby Princess??

Love it.