home About contact shop

11.05.2007

behold the power of sliced cheese (or gt no. 5)


i grew up in a house with a fabulous cheese slicer. anyone in my family will agree this was a cheese slicer worth it's weight in gold. now i understand why my mom would buy the twelve pound block of orange cheese; you know the one--napoleon's cheese... you'd want to slice all day if you had such a great tool. ahh... the memories of triple layered nachoes, perfect thickness cheese tortillas (aka quesadillas), and the cheese layer in the lasagna couldn't be beat. the slicer just sliced great cheese. you never got the chunks breaking off the block, the slices were equally and perfectly thick every time and it required very little effort on the user's part.
richie and i found this cheese slicer just after we got married at a little old kitchen store. in looks it is quite comparable, but in slicing skills, it has yet to top the slicer of my childhood. everyone needs a good cheese slicer. it can make using the dairy delight so much easier. so if you are fortunate enough to own just such a sublime cheese slicer, hold on to it, because the perfect piece of sliced cheese is definitely a good thing.

5 comments:

Matt and Joanna said...

I totally agree with you. I have looked everywhere for a good cheese slicer like my mom's. I don't think they make them anymore. Your blog is so entertaining! I love it!!!

Sarah said...

I was just telling my friend the other day that the cheese slicer is one of the utensils I just have to have in my kitchen. Making lots of grilled cheese sandwiches would be a nightmare without it.

Unknown said...

Andy and I have been searching for a cheese slicer like Mom's and can't find one ANYWHERE! Let me know if you ever find a good one.

stacia said...

i have that same slicer...after like 8 years of marriage and many cheese slicers, you led me to THE one! oh, it is also an art to slice cheese. i always laugh when someone new is trying to use the cheese slicer at my house and just can't figure it out...

stacia said...

oh and suzana, we got them at consider the kitchen in provo... right, sara?